Having medical insurance is important for several reasons:
- Access to Quality Healthcare: Medical insurance ensures that you have access to quality healthcare services whenever you need them. Without insurance, you may have to pay out of pocket for medical expenses, which can be quite expensive, and in some cases, you may not be able to afford the necessary medical care.
- Protection from Unexpected Medical Expenses: Medical emergencies can happen unexpectedly, and they can be financially draining. Having medical insurance can protect you from these unexpected expenses and ensure that you have the necessary resources to cover medical bills.
- Peace of Mind: Medical insurance gives you peace of mind, knowing that you are covered in case of any medical emergency. You can rest easy knowing that you and your family are protected, and you can focus on other important things in life.
- Cost Savings: Medical insurance can help you save money on healthcare expenses. Insurance companies negotiate rates with healthcare providers, which means that you may pay less for medical services than you would if you were paying out of pocket.
- Compliance with the Law: The Kenyan government requires all employers with five or more employees to provide medical insurance for their employees. This means that having medical insurance is not only important for your health and well-being but also for compliance with the law.
Overall, having medical insurance is essential for protecting yourself and your family’s health, financial security, and peace of mind.